Intake / Waiver Form
At Ventura Float Center we make all reasonable efforts to ensure a comfortable, clean and safe environment for you. As such, you may be provided the opportunity to float. So that you have a comfortable and safe experience, please read the following and sign your name to indicate your agreement. This waiver applies to the now contemplated float and all subsequent float experiences taken by the undersigned with Ventura Float Center.
1 . I will NOT use the flotation tank ;
(a) With oils or creams on my body;
(b) If I have any communicable disease;
(c) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
(d) If I am epileptic unless in the opinion of my physician my epilepsy is under medical control so that I am in sufficient control of my seizures not to endanger myself in the flotation tank;
(e) If I am pregnant, unless I have consulted and received permission from my physician;
(g) If I suffer from diabetes, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my diabetes is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the floatation tank;
(h) If I suffer or have suffered from chronic heart disease, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my chronic heart disease is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the flotation tank.
(i) If I suffer or possess any sort of existing ear, nose, eye condition that may be irritated by properties within the float tank mentioned anywhere within this document.
2. I further understand that the flotation tank uses (1) Epsom salt (U.S.P. pharmaceutical) grade magnesium sulfate, (2) natural enzymes, botanical extracts and non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products which will be in the water and that some people may experience skin allergies or reactions to such chemicals.
3. I also hereby agree and understand that I shall have consulted with my own physician prior to using the flotation tank if I am currently taking any medication or under a physician's care for any reason.
4. Upon using the flotation tank, I absolve Ventura Float Center and its employees and agents from any and all liability in connection with use thereof whether such loss or damage be direct or indirect.
5. I further agree to take full responsibility for my thoughts and actions while floating the waiver of liability and all agreements made herein shall apply to each use I make of the flotation tank or float room.
6. I understand that all of my personal possessions shall be secured with myself (alone), locked inside of “the float room” during my personal float session. Any loss or damage to any personal possessions of mine is not the responsibility or liability of Ventura Float Center.
7. Any products or incidentals (  “q-tips”/cotton swabs,  towels,  ear plugs,  organic soap & shampoo supplied by Ventura Float Center are used voluntarily and with full consent and a full knowledge of use by all clients.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Clients are required to shower and shampoo before floating. (Rinse soap off body thoroughly).
- Clients are required to use the washroom before floating.
- Clients with long hair, it’s recommended to tie hair back. No freshly dyed hair (Min 48 hours)
- Avoid waxing/shaving before floating to avoid salt/skin irritation.
- Avoid caffeine and heavy foods 1.5 hours prior to floating.
- If a client contaminates the pool in any way they will be required to pay the cost of clean up and refilling the pool with salt. ($800.00 - $1,500.00 depending on the current cost of supplies and extent of damage).
The float unit/room is used for relaxation purposes and needs to remain a quiet, tranquil environment. Please make every effort to be respectful and not disturb other clients while floating. Splashing, kicking, talking or other disruptive behavior is not allowed.
It is very important that you, the client be on time for your appointment. If a scheduled client is late, please understand that this session may be shortened to avoid booking conflicts with the next scheduled client/session.
Please call with 24 hours notice if you are unable to show up at the agreed upon appointment time. Any missed appointments where the client scheduled for his or her session has not made contact with a Ventura Float Center representative will be deemed a "no show" and forfeit any payments made for services, whether the payment was made directly, via gift card and or any other sort of transaction made for payment no matter who made the purchase; this same rule applies to anyone who with all good intentions may be enroute to "VFC" andhas not called to make contact via phone call, email or text by 15 minutes after the scheduled time of their agreed upon appointment. All appointments that have been purchased at a discounted rate or with any form of coupon will not be refunded or reimbursed at all if deemed a "no-show"; although special circumstances are always considered and should be discussed with "VFC" ownership for a resolution.
A missed appointment is not fair to our other clients and customers that they may have lost out of their opportunity to enjoy a session due to another person's decision not to contact Ventura Float Center directly.
Ventura Float Center is a small local business, and because of this every time slot on our calendar is valuable as potential revenue for our growth and service as a healing center to Ventura County.
Discounted prices or sessions purchased with a coupon that have expired by their purchase date may have the option to pay the difference in cost up to the full price of a session (or sum of multiple sessions), to Ventura Float Center directly. Thank you for your understanding.
While every effort is made to protect the health and safety of guests using the facilities, it is expressly agreed that use of facilities undertaken by me is at my own risk, and that Ventura Float Center shall not be liable for any claims, damages, actions (or causes of actions) within the premises of "Ventura Float Center" , and the "Sperry Van Ness" complex located at 2021 Sperry Avenue, Ventura, CA, 93003.
ADA/Wheelchair Customers – It’s a requirement at Ventura Float Center that if you are constrained to a wheelchair and wish to utilize flotation therapy that you bring along with you at minimum of 1 helper to assist you enter and get out of the float tank. The helper(s) who are assisting, are required to sign the customers same waiver form.
Thank you for providing us with this information. Ventura Float center does not sell, exchange, share or release your personal information, such as your name, email address, or telephone number to any third parties whatsoever.