At Ventura Float Center we make all reasonable efforts to ensure a comfortable, clean and safe environment for you. So that you have a comfortable and safe experience, please read the following and sign your name to indicate your agreement. This waiver applies to the now contemplated float and all subsequent float experiences taken by the undersigned with Ventura Float Center.
1 . I will NOT use the flotation tank ;
(a) With oils or creams on my body;
(b) If I have any communicable disease;
(c) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
(d) If I am epileptic unless in the opinion of my physician my epilepsy is under medical control so that I am in sufficient control of my seizures not to endanger myself in the flotation tank;
(e) If i have not yet reached the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy.
(g) If I suffer from diabetes, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my diabetes is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the floatation tank;
(h) If I suffer or have suffered from chronic heart disease, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my chronic heart disease is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the flotation tank.
(i) If I suffer or possess any sort of existing ear, nose, eye condition that may be irritated by properties within the float tank mentioned anywhere within this document.
2. I further understand that the flotation tank uses (1) Epsom salt (U.S.P. pharmaceutical) grade magnesium sulfate, (2) natural enzymes, h2o2/35% Hydrogen Peroxide, and non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products which will be in the water and that some people may experience skin allergies or reactions to such chemicals.
3. I also hereby agree and understand that I shall have consulted with my own physician prior to using the flotation tank if I am currently taking any medication or under a physician's care for any reason.
4. Upon using the flotation tank, I absolve Ventura Float Center and its employees and agents from any and all liability in connection with use thereof whether such loss or damage be direct or indirect.
5. I further agree to take full responsibility for my thoughts and actions while floating the waiver of liability and all agreements made herein shall apply to each use I make of the flotation tank or float room.
6. I understand that all of my personal possessions shall be secured with myself (alone), locked inside of “the float room” during my personal float session. Any loss or damage to any personal possessions of mine is not the responsibility or liability of Ventura Float Center.
7. Any products or incidentals (  “q-tips”/cotton swabs,  towels,  ear plugs,  shower soap, shampoo, and conditioner supplied by Ventura Float Center are used voluntarily and with full consent and a full knowledge of use by all clients.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Clients are required to shower and shampoo before floating. (Rinse soap off body thoroughly).
- Clients are encouraged to use the restroom before floating.
- Clients with long hair, it’s recommended to tie hair back. No freshly dyed hair (Min 48 hours)
- Avoid waxing or shaving any body hair before floating to avoid salt/skin irritation and possible burning sensation.
- Avoid caffeine and heavy foods 1.5 hours prior to floating.
- If a client contaminates the pool in any way they will be required to pay the cost of clean up and refilling the pool with salt. ($800.00 - $1,500.00 depending on the current cost of supplies and extent of damage).
- Sorry, we do not have facilities to leave minors unattended. Any children accompanying a person who is scheduled for a session must be attended to to by another adult of your choice.
The float room is used for relaxation purposes and needs to remain a quiet, tranquil environment. Please make every effort to be respectful and not disturb other clients while floating. Splashing, kicking, talking or other disruptive behavior is not allowed.
Late and Cancellation Policy
It is very important that you, the client, be on time for your appointment. If you are late, please understand that your session may be shortened to avoid booking conflicts with the next scheduled client/session.
Please call with 24 hours notice if you are unable to show up at the agreed upon appointment time. All cancellations must be made by the person who is scheduled to float, even if the appointment was made by another person. Any missed appointments where the client scheduled for his or her session has not made contact with a Ventura Float Center representative will be deemed a "no show" and be charged or forfeit any payments made for services, whether the payment was made directly, via gift card and or any other sort of transaction made for payment no matter who made the purchase, and has not called to make contact via phone call, email ,text, carrier pigeon, or smoke signal by 15 minutes after the scheduled time of their agreed upon appointment. All appointments that have been purchased at a discounted rate or with any form of coupon will not be refunded or reimbursed at all if deemed a "no-show"; although special circumstances are always considered and should be discussed with "VFC" management for a resolution.
If you miss or cancel a standard rated appointment with less than 24 hour notification, you will be charged a $45.00 fee. Sessions pre-purchased through a secondary service will also be charged a $45.00 “loss of revenue fee“. Cancellations with less than 24 hour notice are difficult to fill. This policy is in place out of respect for other customers who were unable to book that time slot.
Ventura Float Center is a small local business, and because of this, every time slot on our calendar is valuable as potential revenue for our growth and service as a healing center to Ventura County. This policy enables us to recoup only a small percentage of revenue lost due to short notice.
Discounted prices or sessions purchased with a coupon that has expired by the purchase date may have the option to pay the difference in cost up to the full price of a standard rated session (or sum of multiple sessions) to Ventura Float Center directly. This fee is usually about $20.00 depending on what was paid for the discounted service. Thank you for your understanding
While every effort is made to protect the health and safety of guests using the facilities, it is expressly agreed that use of facilities undertaken by me is at my own risk, and that Ventura Float Center shall not be liable for any claims, damages, actions (or causes of actions) within the premises of "Ventura Float Center" , and the "Sperry Van Ness" business complex located at 2021 Sperry Avenue, Ventura, CA, 93003.
ADA/Wheelchair Customers – It’s a requirement at Ventura Float Center that if you are constrained to a wheelchair and wish to utilize our services that you bring along with you at minimum of qualified person to assist you enter and exit of the float tank. The helper(s) who are assisting, are also required to sign the waiver form. There are limitations to any circumstances related to safety. Each person is served on an equal yet individual basis depending upon their own situations. Understand that depending upon the duration of time that it may take for a person with special needs to enter (and exit the tank) may affect the duration time of their actual time spent inside of the tank and float room. Please call before making this appointment to ensure that we have discussed your needs.
Thank you for providing us with this information. Ventura Float center does not sell, exchange, share or release your personal information, such as your name, email address, or telephone number to any third parties whatsoever.